The Liebster Blog Award
This week I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Gallivant Girl. It is the first time I have been nominated for anything like this so I’m pretty excited!
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
Leibster is a German word meaning ‘dearest’, and the award is for up-and-coming blogs. I am honoured to be nominated for this award. I have been working on my blog for a year and a half now but it feels like in the last few months I have been making big progress. Thanks to all my readers and followers who have been keeping up with my adventures this year.
So here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 (or 11!) questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
- Here are my answers for the award questions. I hope you enjoy!
My Answer’s to Gallivant Girl’s Questions
1.Are you a backpacker/ permanent nomad/live & work abroader? etc!
I’ve been a bit of everything this year, I spend half the year on a working holiday visa in Australia, then I backpacked around New Zealand and South East Asia for 2 months and now I’ve set myself up in Glasgow for the next six months.
2.Do you collect anything on your travels?
I would collect everything if I could; I love to collect tickets, maps, booklets, business cards, flyers and much much more. When I’m off on short trips I tend to bring back everything with me but when on longer trips where I have to carry it all around in my backpack I try to not collect so much!
3.Do you travel differently now, to when you started?
Yes! When I started travelling I was a solo traveller, then on one of those trips I met a boy. He’s my boyfriend now and we have spent the last year travelling and living abroad together. Apart from that, these days I’m less afraid of organising things on my own than just settling with a tour company because it ‘might be easier’ and I tend to visit less well known attractions and in the off peak season to avoid tourists as much.
4.What is a useful travel product/ gadget that you swear by?
This is a hard one. I really don’t feel like I use any travel related products/gadgets as such. I guess I would have to say my travel sickness bands. You wear them around your wrist and they sit in your pressure points to relieve travel sickness. I find they work better than pills for me and stop me from losing or not being able to get hold of the pills I need. Travel sickness is one of the hardest things when you are backpacking around constantly.
5.What has travel taught you?
I feel travel has taught me a lot: about culture, about money, about values, about friends, about independence etc. but I think the biggest thing I have learnt was from my volunteering trip in South Africa. Seeing how poor these people were yet how happy they were to have us there, being their friends and generally trying to give back something really put life in to perspective. Be happy with what you have because life could be a lot worse.
6.What’s the most emotive place you’ve visited, and why? (Good or bad, happy or sad!)
Easy. The Killing Fields and S-21 museum in Cambodia. Learning about so much horror and death was harrowing but I was so glad I visited. The Khmer Rouge story is one that hasn’t gotten much further than Cambodia and I feel it is something we should know more about so we can prevent such a thing ever happening again.
7.What’s your favourite book?
I love books and I love reading but I honestly don’t think I could choice a favourite book.
8.Show me one of your favourite sunset photos!
9.Complete the following, “Everywhere I go, I… “
Every where I go I take too many photos.
10.Future travel plans?
Currently to explore more of what is on my door step: SCOTLAND and Western Europe.
My Questions To My Nominees
- What 5 things would you not leave for a trip without?
- How did you first get in to travel? Was it a random trip or did you always know you wanted to travel?
- What country do you/are you visiting next?
- What is the biggest tick you completed on your bucket list this year?
- Do you prefer hot, sunny, beachy destinations or cold, winter and snowy destinations?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, money no object, where would you go?
- What 5 tips would you give to someone who has never been travelling?
- Best travel experience? (Yes you can only pick one)
- Worst travel experience?
- How do you prefer to travel? slow or fast? bus/train/car/boat?
And my nominees (I know some of you probably have more than 200 followers on some of your social media sites)
Thanks again to Gallivant Girl for nominating me! Looking forward to reading my nominees answers.